DASP PE Mission Statement
To improve the quality of Physical Education in our local schools by empowering the students and teachers with the knowledge, values, skills and personal qualities to be confident and keen to take part in sports and PE.
The mission is to ensure this quality PE happens when specialists aren’t in the room and sustainability is key!
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, however they have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses of the funding include:
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport.
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday club
Please note that the PE Impact Report for 2021-22 will be available on our new website launching September 2022