All maintained school Governing Boards must be constituted under the 2012 Constitution Regulations. These regulations provide that the minimum size of a Board of Governors is seven members and include within this:
- At least two Parent Governors, elected where possible by parents
- The Headteacher
- One elected Staff Governor
- one Local Authority Governor, nominated by the LA
- Where appropriate, Foundation Governors who are appointed by the Diocese
At St Mary’s our Governing Body is made up of 12 Governors. The Instrument of Government came into effect 7th July 2015.
Our Chair of Governor’s is Lyn Paine and Vice Chair is Julie Pullman.
- Two Parent Governors – Jo Greatorex and Brian Boyes
- One Local Authority Governor – Keith Bashford
- One Head Teacher – Suzanne Garner
- One Staff Governor – Carol Jerrard
- Three Foundation Governors – Rev Mark Phillips (Ex-Officio), Rev Pene Kennedy and Julie Pullman (Vice Chair)
- Three Co-opted Governors – Lyn Paine, Jackie Dunford and Mal Lea.
We also have appointed Associate Members – Jane Dixon and Lisa Thornicroft.
The term of office for each Governor is four years. The Diocesan of Salisbury is responsible for appointing Foundation Governors. The vicar at St Mary the Virgin, Charminster shall be a Foundation Governor (Ex-Officio).